Sunday, December 9, 2012

Anyone for a "Sandwich"?

Hi all, I have been busy this week working on my Etsy shop and making new projects, taking photo's, cooking and baking and walking my dogs.  What a great week off!  I must soon face the reality of getting myself to my "day job" but I have had a blast.  Late last night I finished a new tote bag that I began to work on earlier in the week and I love how it turned out.

 I am defiantly going to try to make more like this this winter.

 I am still waiting to find somewhere at home for studio space...I am spread all over the house!  With kids who are on the verge of beginning their lives away from home we are in a fuzzy transition time around here....they don't want to be here anymore...trying to spread their wings....my husband and I are patiently waiting  things out but it feels like we are in a holding pattern. 
It's funny how life goes.  The kids want to be out on their own and "free" and just when we think we may be free too we have other responsibilities that crop up. 
I believe it is called "The Sandwich Generation"....."The Sandwich generation is a generation of people who care for their aging parents while supporting their own children."

We didn't really see it coming five years ago but here it is...I now understand where white hair comes from...my hubby and I are sprouting a good crop of it each!

So for now, I will tear sheets apart and crochet, crochet, crochet!  Thank goodness for etsy, pinterest, facebook, stumbleupon and all the other places I go to feed my artists heart...it is keeping me sane....well sort of......

No comments:

Post a Comment